Translate

Friday 4 November 2016

The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2


The Book of Prophet Daniel 

Chapter 2




¹ In the second year of Nebuchadnezzar's reign, Nebuchadnezzar dreamed such dreams that his spirit was troubled and his sleep left him.


(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verse 1)


Oh God my Father at times You choose to pass on messages to us by means of different forms such as dreams. To this I can testify for the beginning of my conversion took place with a dream which I treasure in my heart and mind all my life Amen.



² So the king commanded that the magicians, the enchanters, the sorcerers, and the Chaldeans be summoned to tell the king his dreams. When  they came in and stood before the king,


(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verse 2)



Oh God my Father many times when we face crisis, we refer to the experts of the world instead of to You or Your ministers. We may think that this is not Your area of competency and decide to refer to You only when nothing has worked Amen. I pray oh God my Father that we give You the priority and place our hope and trust in You. Amen.



³ he said to them, " I have had such a dream that my spirit is troubled by the desire to understand it." 


(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verse 3)



Oh God my Father one of our greatest challenge in life is that of understanding our world in order to make sense of it and have more control of our lives, however at times try as we might we find no logical explanation especially if the dream is coming from You and not from the rambling of the human mind. On going back when I received my first call in my youth to leave my past behind me and follow You, I also did not understand the meaning of my dream. I asked here and there for a possible explanation in order to plan my future course of action, however, it was You who showed me the way. No human could help me. Many people tried to persuade me to forget all about it because it was simply a dream, however, I could never forget it because I was convinced that it was Your voice that I had heard and I am still convinced of this Amen.



⁴  The Chaldeans said to the king (in Aramaic), "O king, live forever! Tell your servants, and we will reveal the interpretation."


(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verse 4)



Oh God my Father for everything that happens the grey heads of the world, or those who consider themselves to be an authority all formulate theories such as global warming among many others, but none may stop to consider if it is according to Your will that certain events in nature are taking place, such as lack of rainfall and even the area of dreams. In the Bible, there were many times when the heavens were closed on Your orders and there was no rainfall apart from certain areas, and there were also instances such as that of the great flood where they were opened and flooded the entire world. Therefore in truth nature is under Your control and not under the manipulation of the genius of this world. Amen.


⁵ The king answered the Chaldeans, "This is a public decree; if you do not tell me both the dream and its interpretation, you shall be torn limb from limb, and your houses shall be laid in ruins. ⁶ But if you do tell me the dream and its interpretation, you shall receive from me gifts and rewards and great honor. Therefore tell me the dream and its interpretation."


(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verses 5 to 6)



Oh God I thank You for never putting me in such a desperate situation. I thank You for loving me so much. You never permit me to endure more than I can take Amen.



⁷ They answered a second time, "Let the king first tell his servants the dream, then we can give its interpretation."



(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verse 7)


Oh God, my Father when we cannot solve our issues we turn to the ways of the world, such as psychologists, social workers, lawyers or even fortune tellers, however, it is only when we are in a deep crisis close to a suicidal act do we turn to You in desperation. I pray oh God that You deliver us from such moments and make us humble to admit that we do not have all the answers and that our hope love and faith and trust can only be found in You. Amen.



⁸ The king answered, " I know with certainty that you are trying to gain time, because you see I have firmly decreed; ⁹ if you do not tell me the dream, there is but one verdict for you. You have agreed to speak lying and misleading words to me until things take a turn. Therefore, tell me the dream, and I shall know that you can give me its interpretation."



(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verses 8 to 9)



Oh God many people who go to fortune tellers have their doubts about how genuine these people are however their clients still keep on making use of their services. Others refer to the horoscope because at times the explanation given matches with their character and situation. However only You have control over ourselves and our situations and it is your will that will ultimately prevail and not ours.



¹⁰ The Chaldeans answered the king, "There is no one on earth who can reveal what the king demands! In fact no king, however great and powerful, has ever asked such a thing of any magician or enchanter or Chaldean.


(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verse 10)


Oh God my beloved Father, You are the only one who has the knowledge of the past present and future, You can solve the riddles of life and interpret situations in their proper context in light of Your will for us. I pray that we refer to nobody else but You my God and Father Amen.



¹¹ The thing that the king is asking is too difficult, and no one can reveal it to the king except the gods, whose dwelling is not with mortals."



(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verse 11) 



Oh God my Father this is a very important issue for nobody can interpret the future and even the present but You. This is why certain practices such as fortune telling and dream interpretation on a human level is not totally or partially reliable for only You have the answers to such symbolic issues that arise in dreams Amen. 


¹² Because of this the king flew into a violent rage and commanded that all the wise men of Babylon be destroyed. 



(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verse 12) 



Oh God, my beloved Father, when we make decisions in the heat of the moment, we tend to make many mistakes, for when a bull is seeing red, the only thing it wants to do is to charge and destroy anything that is red in its path. When in such situations it is best not to make decisions but move away from the situation for some time enough to give ourselves to calm down and seek Your will in a peaceful environment. 



In order to help ourselves in such situations please click on the following link:-



Anger Management Techniques 



 ¹³ The decree was issued, and the wise men were about to be executed; and they looked for Daniel and his companions, to execute them.



(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verse 13) 



Oh God, my Father, if we imagined that each of our days, we were being looked for, and that the enemy was gathering evidence against us to prove that we still believe in You, would such a persecutor find enough evidence by which to accuse us. I pray that the answer is in the positive, for the sake of all Amen.



¹³ The decree was issued, and the wise men were about to be executed; and they looked for Daniel and his companions, to execute them. ¹⁴ Then Daniel responded with prudence and discretion to Antioch, the king's executioner, who had gone out to execute the wise men of Babylon;




(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verses 13 to 14)



Oh God my beloved Father, Your love and wisdom are greater than the heavens, that cannot contain You. In face of such a critical situation of life and death, You did not prompt the prophet to use violence but prudence and discretion. In light of prudence, I invite you to refer to the following clip that is a credit to DareWeThink.org


How to be prudent 



With reference to discretion we are given the following credit to policydynamics:


The practice of discretion



Oh God, my beloved Father, when I decided to call the lawyer in order to have my case issued I did not act on impulse. I have been emotionally abused for the last four years and could not tolerate it longer. I prayed that You stop me if I was going to do a mistake. The first time You did because the lawyer decided not to take on the case. I gave myself time to cool down but then again I prayed on the decision and You permitted me to call the second lawyer who accepted the case Amen.



¹⁵ he asked Arioch, the royal official, "Why is the decree of the king so urgent?" Arioch then explained the matter to Daniel. ¹⁶ So Daniel went in and requested that the king give him time and he would tell the king the interpretation.



(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verses 15)



Oh God, my Father thank You for this lesson in probing and in not taking anything at phase value, but to ask questions in order to get at the truth. I pray that You help me keep this in mind throughout my day and when probing, take the position of that of not knowing, even though I may know part of the event or story Amen.



¹⁶ So Daniel went in and requested that the king give him time and he would tell the king the interpretation.



(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verse 16)



Instead of fearing the power of the king, Daniel felt filled with the Holy Spirit and went to confront the challenge before him. Instead of being a 'Yes' man or a doormat to the king, Daniel started giving the orders. He went in to see the king without obtaining his permission and he ordered the king to listen to his interpretation.



Thank You for such moments of empowerment and enlightenment especially in the face of situations that are dangerous or complex. I pray that when I am in court before the Mediator You empower me to say the truth and overcome the forces of evil Amen.



¹⁷Then Daniel went to his home and informed his companions, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, ¹⁸ and told them to seek mercy from the God of heaven concerning this mystery, so that Daniel and his companions with the rest of the wise men of Babylon might not perish. ¹⁹ Then the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a vision of the night, and Daniel blessed the God of heaven.



(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verses 17 to 19) 



Oh God my Father, how strong is the power of praise especially when done among community of believers. Before being granted the vision Daniel shared with his companions all that he had been told by the King and they joined together in prayer and You answered their request Amen. Praise be to You my God and Father.



²⁰ Daniel said: "Blessed be the name of God from age to age, for wisdom and power are his.


(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verse 20)



Oh God my Father blessed and blessed be Your name in all generations Amen now and forever may Your name be blessed at all times Amen.



²¹ He changes times and seasons, deposes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding. ²² He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what is in the darkness, and light dwells with him.



(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verse 21 to 22)



Oh God, my Father, I pray that You reveal to me what is now hidden from me, for the enemy has laid traps in which to catch me. I pray for knowledge and foresight so that I can make the right decisions and take the appropriate steps Amen.



²³ To you, O God of my ancestors, I give thanks and praise, for you have given me wisdom and power, and have now revealed to me what was asked of you, for you have revealed to us what the king ordered."



(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verse 23)


Oh God my beloved Father, how great is the power of praise. Our prayers to You in an attitude of thanksgiving are enough to stimulate Your love mercy and even Your divine providence. You Yourself told us that when we pray, we are to believe that we are already have been granted that we have prayed for, because if us humans know what to give to our sons and daughters, so much more does God know what we need in every circumstance of our life Amen.



²⁴ Therefore Daniel  went to Arioch, whom the king had appointed to destroy the wise men of Babylon, and said to him, "Do not destroy the wise men of Babylon; bring me in before the king, and I will give the king the interpretation."


(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verse 24)


As in the case of the prophet Daniel I am also to appear confident during the next mediation and settle the pending issues and reach an ultimate agreement. Amen. I pray for self-control so that I will not become angry and lose control of myself which would make the delicate situation worse Amen.



²⁵ Then Arioch quickly brought Daniel before the king and said to him; "I have found among the exiles from Judah a man who can tell the king the interpretation."



(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verse 25)



Oh God my Father, Arioch took on himself, the merit for an action that was not his own when presenting Daniel before the King, for it was not Arioch who found Daniel, but it was Daniel who went before him seeking to be admitted before the King. Therefore I pray for all those people who have been cheated out of promotions or other opportunities to improve themselves so that You can do them justice and reverse the course of proceedings in their favor Amen.



²⁶ The king said to Daniel; whose name was Belteshazzar, "Are you able to tell me the dream that I have seen and its interpretation?"



(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verse 26)



Oh God, many times we behave in the same way as the king. We try to criticise others with our skepticism. We address You with the same question.


"Are You able to heal me?" or "Where were You when I needed You most? 


However, You have the answer to all my questions dreams and aspirations and nobody knows Your mind Amen.



²⁷ Daniel answered the king, "No wise men, enchanters,  magicians, or diviners can show to the king the mystery that the king is asking, ²⁸ but there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries, and he has disclosed to King Nebuchadnezzar what will happen at the end of days. Your dream and the visions of your head as you lay in bed were these:



(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verses 27 to 28)


Oh God, my beloved Father, You have a way of revealing messages to us, when we are at are weakest of states of being such as during moments of rest. I am a witness to such happenings, for during such moments You gave me the call to abandon all I have and follow You Amen.



²⁹ To you, O king, as you lay in bed, came thoughts of what would be hereafter, and the revealer of mysteries disclosed to you what is to be.



(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verse 29)


Oh God my Father during an important dream You revealed to me Your wish for me to follow You and now due to this separation You have given me a new opportunity to follow You. I pray that You continue to clarify Your will to me so that I can understand, obey and fulfil Your will on earth as it is in Heaven Amen.



³⁰ But as for me, this mystery has not been revealed to me because of any wisdom that I have more than any other living being, but in order that the interpretation may be known to the king and that you may understand the thoughts of your mind.


(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verse 30)



Oh God my Father, on reflecting I also realize that these reflections that You give to me are given with the intention of simply sharing on this blog, but to help others become aware of what Your Word or Good News may be speaking to our hearts and minds so that we can continue to grow together both in mind and even better in spirit Amen.



³¹ "You were looking, O king, and lo! there was a great statue. This statue was huge, its brilliance extraordinary; it was standing before you, and its appearance was frightening. ³² The head of that statue was of fine gold, its chest and arms of silver, its middle and thighs of bronze, ³³ its legs of iron, its feet partly of iron and partly of clay.



(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verses 31 to 33)


On reflecting on verses 31 to 33, the following came to my mind, my God and Father. The golden part of the statue is the period of life that I am living, however, the other parts of the body make part of my history since the time of my birth, which is symbolized by iron and bronze age. The imagery and sequence used are similar to that used in a historical calendar marking the bronze and iron age which all finds its fulfilment in the golden age. Amen.


³⁴ As you looked on, a stone was cut out, not by human hands, and it struck the statue on its feet of iron and clay and broke them in pieces.



(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verses 34) 



Oh God my beloved Father throughout our healing process, Your first target is our bronze and iron age, meaning all the hurts that we have acquired in our past, the baggage that clings to us wherever we go. However, You are the only one who can throw the stone and liberate us from the bondage of negative, feelings thoughts and traumas Amen.  



³⁵ Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver, and the gold, were all broken in pieces and became like the chaff of the summer threshing floors; and the wind carried them away, so that not a trace of them could be found. But the stone that struck the statue became a great mountain and filled the whole earth.



(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verses 35)  



Oh God, my blessed Father no wealth or power can ever take your place. No human or spiritual force can stand against You. You are the rock of my Salvation there is none like You Amen.



³⁶ "This was the dream; now we will tell the king its interpretation.



(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verses 36)   



Oh God my beloved Father, many times we are so focused on living our dreams, that we may end up detached from our reality and never realize that without You our dreams can never become reality. I pray that wake us out of our dreams so that we will be able to discern that which is probably from that which is really possible and that which is according to Your will Amen. 



³⁷You, O king, the king of kings-to whom the God of heaven has given the kingdom, the power, the might, and the glory, ³⁸ into whose hand he has given human beings, wherever they live, the wild animals of the field, and the birds of the air, and whom he has established as ruler over them all-you are the head of gold.


(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verses 37 to 38)  



Oh God my beloved Father, You are the kings of kings, ruler of all the earth, even though philosophy and psychology have placed us in the locus of control this is not true for everything is under Your control and nothing happens without Your knowing about it Amen.



³⁹ After you shall arise another kingdom inferior to yours, and yet a third kingdom of bronze which shall rule over the whole earth. ⁴⁰ And there shall be a fourth kingdom, strong as iron; just as iron crushes and smashes everything it shall crush and shatter all these.



(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verses 39 to 40)




Oh God my blessed Father, it may well be that we plan many projects to ensure financial stability and a better future for our families according to our logic of stability, however in time You show us that these plans are not according to Your will and in time these means of worldly stability will in time come to an end. All our hopes and aspirations may have been placed in such means. We can all imagine our feelings of disapproval. However, if our plans and future are based on a life that is according to Your will, even though we may experience hardships, we take them from Your hand as being according to Your will Amen and we will not be hurt or disappointed Amen.



⁴¹ As you saw the feet and toes partly of potter's clay and partly of iron, it shall be a divided kingdom; but some of the strength of iron shall be in it, as you saw the iron mixed with the clay.



(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verse 41)



As in the given mixture of iron and clay, we as humans partake of the two elements in the sense that we have our areas of strength and our areas of weakness. I thank You, God for both the strengths and the weakness, for in my weakness I am also strong because You are with me to empower me and love me Amen.


⁴² As the toes of the feet were part iron and part clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong and partly brittle.



(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verse 42)



Oh God, my Father, I dare say that this is the case in the world and in Your Church. There are some of us whose faith is like iron and there are others whose faith is still very brittle. I pray for such brothers and sisters so that when they experience the trials of life they will not break into pieces for they are already brittle Amen.


⁴³ As you saw the iron mixed with clay, so will they mix with one another in marriage, but they will not hold together, just as iron does not mix with clay.



(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verse 43)



Oh God my beloved Father, this is also the case with people of different religions and cultures who decide to get married. Even though some cases end up having happy marriages, in other cases the women end up being physically abused violated and psychologically harmed due to the fact they are treated according to the norms and values which may not promote women in the husband's country of origin. I pray for such couples oh God my Father and for other ladies who are still in the stage of courting that You make them aware of the possible consequences of such unions and relationships Amen.




⁴⁴ And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that shall never be destroyed, nor shall this kingdom be left to another people. It shall crush all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, and it shall stand forever; ⁴⁵ just as you saw that a stone was cut from the mountain not by hands and that it crushed the Iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold. The great God has informed the king what shall be hereafter. The dream is certain, and its interpretation trustworthy."


(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verses   44 to 45)


Oh God my Father Your kingdom will always reign it will always be victorious against the forces of evil and it will never be overthrown or defeated Amen.




⁴⁶ Then King Nebuchadnezzar fell on his face, worshiped Daniel, and commanded that a grain offering and incense be offered to him.


(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verse 46)


Many times oh God my Father, we almost give worship to our superiors, many times in order to get what we desire from them and then we retain our old opinions and belief of them after we have obtained what we had been begging for, however oh God my Father, I give worship only to You, for it is only You who deserves praise and worship and not people of the world Amen




⁴⁷ The king said to Daniel, "Truly, your God is God of gods and Lord of kings and a revealer of mysteries, for you have been able to reveal this mystery!"




(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verse 47)




Oh God my Father, such declarations coming from the mouth of an unbeliever has more weight than if uttered by a believer. I pray that if as Christians and Catholics we do not give testimony of our faith words of faith are to be given to such people whom we term as being unbelievers or pagans in order to shame us Amen.



⁴⁸ Then the king promoted Daniel, gave him many great gifts, and made him ruler over the whole province of Babylon and chief prefect over all the wise men of Babylon.




(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verse 48)




Oh God my Father, You perform the miracles and give us insights and we receive the gifts and rewards, which is not fair at all. I pray for the gift of the Holy Spirit which is far greater and of value than any gift or promotion is given by the world Amen.




⁴⁹ Daniel made a request of the king, and he appointed Shadrach, Meshach, and Abdenego over the affairs of the province of Babylon. But Daniel remained at the king's court.


(The Book of the Prophet Daniel Chapter 2 verse 49)



Oh God my beloved Father I pray that You appoint political rulers of the world and popes, who really and truly believe in You and who practice their authority in a way that is according to the values found in Christianity in particular to the Bible.



The world oh God my Father needs a purging, for it has become so sinful and corrupt in its ways, lacking in basic values. We are heading on a collision course because we do not have You in our midst. I pray that You shake us out of our alienation Amen. Thank You Jesus.










 








 




























 

  

 
  





 

No comments:

Post a Comment